About South African Employers 4 Disability
Who we are
South African Employers for Disability (SAE4D) is a body constituted by employers who are committed to addressing issues confronting the integration of persons with disabilities in the workplace.
We have joined together as a group to share our experiences, develop best practices, confront and tackle prejudices that act as barriers to the integration of persons with disabilities in the workplace, and form a common understanding of the challenges and solutions required to fully develop the potential of persons with disabilities to contribute meaningfully to society and business.
The SAE4D acknowledges that:
- Persons with disabilities are largely an untapped sector in the labour market.
- Persons with disabilities have immense potential to contribute meaningfully to our society and our businesses.
- Such potential needs to be converted into positive action where persons with disabilities have an equal opportunity to contribute and be rewarded for their inherent worth.
- Its own role is to help guide employers create an enabling environment in which persons with disabilities suffer no discrimination in the workplace and are integrated into the workforce.
- The key to its mission is based on an open dialogue with those affected – employers, persons with disabilities and those that represent them.
Enabling disability confidence in the workplace to ensure an inclusive working environment.
To support our members / employers with knowledge and insight on visible and non–visible cognitive disabilities, through education and awareness to promote a conducive environment for disability disclosure in the work place.
The SAE4D is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusiveness in the workplace for persons with disabilities.
We offer a platform in which the voices of persons with disabilities are heard and promote inclusion in the workplace. Our philosophy is informed by the constitution of the republic of South Africa & EE Act.
The Core Group
The operations of the SAE4D is overseen by the Core Group or executive committee comprising representatives from members of the SAE4D. The purpose of the Core Group is to manage the projects of the SAE4D, administer the funds of the SAE4D for the benefit of the organisation and to provide guidance and support to the members of the SAE4D.
Members of the Core Group receive no remuneration for the time dedicated to the work of the group. The Core Group meets at least monthly and arranges meetings of the full board which generally take place between two and four times a year. The current chairman of the Core Group is Losh Pather from Liberty Corporate.
Enabling disability confidence in the workplace to ensure an inclusive working environment
To support our members / employers with knowledge and insight on visible and
non–visible cognitive disabilities, through education and awareness to promote a conducive
environment for disability disclosure in the work place